The General Election will be held on Tuesday, November 5, 2019
The following residents have declared their candidacy for the open council seat positions. Names are listed how they will appear on the ballot.
Four Year Term
John C ‘Chuck’ Williams
B. Kent Havens
Two Year Term
Wendi J Merritt
Toquerville City will hold its municipal election this fall to elect four city councilmembers.
There is one position for a two-year term and three positions for four-year terms each.
The General Election will be held on Tuesday, November 5, 2019.
The incumbents are listed in no particular order:
(4 year term) Council Seat - Ty Bringhurst
(4 year term) Council Seat - Keen Ellsworth
(4 year term) Council Seat - Paul Heideman
(2 year term) Council Seat Alex Chamberlain
Candidate Filing Period Begins June 3, 2019 at 8:00 am
Candidate Filing Deadline Ends June 7, 2019 at 5:00 pm
A Declaration of Candidacy Form or Nomination Petition must be filed in person, or by audio-visual electronic communication with the City Recorder at 212 North Toquerville Boulevard Toquerville, Utah from the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Those interested in filing for one of these offices must:
(1) Be a United States citizen at time of filing.
(2) Be at least 18 years old at the time of the next municipal election.
(3) Must be a registered voter of the municipality.
(4) Must be a resident of the municipality or a resident of a recently annexed area for 12 consecutive months immediately preceding the date of the election.
(5) If elected from a council district, the person must be a resident of that council district.
(6) In accordance with Utah Constitution Article IV, Section 6, any mentally incompetent person, any person convicted of a felony, or any person convicted of treason or a crime against the elective franchise may not hold office in this state until the right to hold elective office is restored under Section 20A-2-101.5
*All candidates for election are subject to campaign financial statement disclosure regulations.
If you are not sure whether or not you are registered voter, you can contact the Washington County Recorders Office at (435) 656-6308 or go to www.vote.utah.gov